Our bottoms-up research includes a Display Price Calculator, supplier capacity details, supplier financials, and detailed financial articles. The Display Price Calculator calculates historical and forecasted mainstream display prices. The Excel model is a single source of display metrics to assist your company’s sourcing, engineering, and finance teams.
The adjustable model (i.e. dropdown drivers) can be used for smartphones, tables, monitors, and television prices. Model the costs by each supplier fab provides increased purchase negotiation power. Additionally, the forecasting of supplier financials provides insights into a supplier's leverage. Lastly, the Cost Model includes supply capacity details by individual fab.
A subscription using the Cost Model’s database will allow better understanding of cell costs and profitability by mainstream panel sizes. A subscriber will have increased insights into the material costs, yield, profit, and depreciation assumptions the supplier is pricing into a quote.
The Model also details LCD technology and OLED technology of each fab (e.g. a-Si, LTPS, and Oxide).
Analysis will help with:
- What portion of a fabs capacity does a customer represent?
- What are historical, current, and future panel costs?
- Identifying the profit a supplier is charging versus its average profit?
- Calculating the implied display yield in a quote?
- What is the total display market size in square meters?
- What percentage of the market does a supplier and fab represent?
Below is a link to the various example Excel model examples. With your subscription you get access to the full Cost Model, access to articles, and analyst interaction.
- Q4 2019 Display Cost Model Example
- Q1 2020 Display Cost Model (Coming Soon)